Co-creation participants coming from a wide variety of professional backgrounds
Team site visit to Ma Wan led by DISI’s director Mr. KK Ling
Mr. Charles Ho of HKCSS sharing valuable experience from past projects
The design thinking co-creation process is active and vibrant
The design schemes took into consideration of factors beyond design
Experts giving advice and suggestions to each team during the surgery session
Team presented their ideas on the final day of co-creation
- Feature Block:
- Transitional Social Housing Action Project Report, Nov 2020, The Action Projects covered three sites with varying physical and socio-economic environment, i.e. a temporary work site at the intersection of Tung Chau Street and Yen Chow Street West in Sham Shui Po, the former SKH Stanley Village Primary School in Stanley, and the Ma Wan Old Village. The Report provides comprehensive documentation of the cross-sector and trans-disciplinary co-creation process which has contributed to enriching the knowledge in the planning, designing and implementing transitional social housing projects in Hong Kong. , https://www.polyu.edu.hk/disi/images/pdf/TSH_report.pdf, images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/S1-TSH_Report_cover.jpg,
- Transitional Social Housing Action Project, Nov 2020, , https://youtu.be/wCr3KGAczZA, images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/TSH_report_video.png, 1
- Transitional Social Housing Co-creation Process, Feb 2019, , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqDxi89ZH0Y, images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/TSH_video.png, 1
- Summary Report, Feb 2019, The interim report highlighting the issues and challenges in identified in the co-creation process and at the Symposium and the seven conceptual design schemes developed by the co-creation teams can be view here. , https://www.polyu.edu.hk/disi/images/pdf/S1-Summary-Report.pdf, images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/Summary_Report.png,
- Programme Book, Feb 2019, , https://www.polyu.edu.hk/disi/doc/programmeBookv13.pdf, images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/topic_-_Transitional_Social_housing.jpg,
- images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/01.jpg, Co-creation participants coming from a wide variety of professional backgrounds,
- images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/02.jpg, Team site visit to Ma Wan led by DISI’s director Mr. KK Ling ,
- images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/03.jpg, Mr. Charles Ho of HKCSS sharing valuable experience from past projects,
- images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/04.jpeg, The design thinking co-creation process is active and vibrant,
- images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/05.jpeg, The design schemes took into consideration of factors beyond design,
- images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/06.jpeg, Experts giving advice and suggestions to each team during the surgery session,
- images/content/programme/One-from-hundred-thousand/symposium/season1/07.jpeg, Team presented their ideas on the final day of co-creation,
In light of the pressing need for housing provision and poverty alleviation, this Season’s Symposium aims to (1) facilitate a holistic deliberation on issues related to transitional social housing by a wide spectrum of stakeholders; and (2) develop a series of transitional social housing suggestions that focus on planning and architectural design for example, to bring under-utilised land and premises into use and build a safe, supportive environment for vulnerable groups to assist their full integration into the community.
DISI welcomes participants to suggest possible sites for transitional social housing as study cases and encourages participants to jointly explore the feasibility of various solutions and co-create social innovation design schemes.
Pre-symposium Workshop 1
Date: 8 September 2018 (Sat)
Time: 9am – 6pm
|Pre-symposium Workshop 2
Date: 15 September 2018 (Sat)
Time: 9am – 6pm
Date: 6 October 2018 (Sat)
Time: 9am – 1pm
*Participants will receive a certificate to make CPD declaration from professional institutes.
Workshop and Symposium of the season is completed while the related " Transitional Social Housing Action Project Report" is opened for public access.